Lake Erie Charter Fishing Tip #04:
The average walleye is a whopping 5-6lb with 10-12lb fish caught regularly. The walleye are caught trolling along drop offs and mid lake humps. Most productive lure is the famous erie deary, usually tipped with a whole worm or minnow. Deep diving crankbaits trolled in the same areas also produce well.
What to bring when walleye, steelhead or perch fishing on Lake Erie with Chief's Charters.
At Chief's Charters we strive to do our best to comfort you on your trip as best as possible. This list is here to help you plan your fishing trip accordingly so that you are prepared for any situation on Lake Erie. If you have any question about an item not listed here, please do not hesitate to call me at 216-401-6231.
We provide at no charge to you:
- On-board cooler for fish
- On-board bathroom
- Advise on lure presentation and walleye or perch fishing techniques
- Help with overnight lodging
- All U.S. Coast Guard safety equipment
- Rods and reels
You will need to bring:
- Ohio fishing license (available here)
- Soft-soled shoes (no black soles please)
- Jacket and hat
- Rain gear
- Sun glasses
- Sun screen
- Seasickness medication (I recommend Triptone)
- Your favorite CDs (no rap please)
- Lunch and beverages
- Camera and film
- Large cooler to take home fish